Friday 14 November 2008

Still Stuck In Punta

We´ve just had our morning brief...we´re not flying today! Just as well, really, cos I´m nursing the hangover from hell!!!

I have a name for my pain and discomfort... caipiriña ...a brew created by Satan himself!!

But I´m not alone in my misery.

Yesterday saw the arrival of more BAS personell. I hadn´t seen them since the Cambridge Briefing Conference. It was good to see familiar faces again.
They had travelled non-stop from London and all looked a little bit travel-weary.
I am soooo glad that I opted for the overnight stop in Santiago.
Despite their fatigue, they still wanted to go for a drink in the town, and me, being almost native by now, was press-ganged into leading them into trouble.
Using my extensive local knowledge I led them to Santino´s bar, a pleasant little refuge that I had come to know during my extended stay in this little town.

It was there that they were seduced by the Devil´s brew... caipiriña ...!

One drink turned into many.....oh dear!!!

This morning, at breakfast, there were displays of body-language indicating a rather fragile disposition.

Breakfast for most, myself included, was a rather unpleasant affair. So far, I´ve managed to keep mine down, but the longer the day goes on, the less optimistic I feel.

The Air Unit have told us we´re not flying today, so everyone can spend the day how they chose.

Me...I´m off to the pool where there´s a glass of milk and a comfy lounger waiting for me.